No Contract Cell Phone Plan
Hate being locked into a contract with your mobile phone service provider? Control your ‘phone’ spending with a no-contract cell phone plan.
You should consider a mobile plan with no contract if:
- You want to invest in a cell phone that will cost you less in the long run
- You don’t want the newest and hottest gadget in town
- You don’t want to upgrade your existing handset yet
- You have enough money to buy a new phone straight up
We have picked the best no-contract cell phone plan currently offered in Canada
Is a cell phone plan with no contract a good option?
Well, shopping for a new cell phone can seem intimidating because of the complicated jargon, but once you know the pros and cons of each plan, you’ll find that things are not so difficult. Prepaid no-contract cell phone plan might not be a good idea if:
- You want to upgrade your phone and continue to work with your existing service provider. Remember that your service provider can offer special discounts and cheaper upgrades if you decide to extend the contract. On the other hand, if you want to change your service provider, you’ll have to do some cost comparison first.
- You just cannot resist upgrading your phone every now and then. It’s not always cheap to pay a cancellation fee to end the contract and sign up for an upgrade.
- You have already signed up for a great plan or package with your service provider. Yes, you have locked your money.
Sometimes your service provider will offer discounts and other customized incentives to retain you as their loyal customer. The good news is that these discounts can be cheaper compared to a no-contract prepaid plan in the long run.
Choosing the right No-Contract Plan
Remember that all unlimited calling plans do not offer free extras such as data tethering. If you’re using mobile data, make sure you keep an eye on the volume of data consumed if you don’t want to end up paying an additional fee at the end of the month.
Last, you can say that no-contract prepaid mobile phone plans are becoming increasingly popular in Canada. More and more people are now deciding to choose freedom rather than being locked into a contract. No-contract plans are hassle-free – you don’t have to worry about cancellation fees or penalties. However, do check if your carrier accepts unlocked phones from other providers.
The bottom line is that you can enjoy the features and benefits of prepaid plans without a contract if you are prepared to shop around. So what are you waiting for? Find, compare and choose your best no-contract prepaid cell phone plan today.