Chatr Mobile has 3G download and upload speeds of 2.2Mb/sec. and 0.7Mb/sec., respectively. However, it does not support data transfer on Rogers’ 4G network. The company has network types of: 61% LTE (4G) 29% HSPA+ (4G) 7% UMTS (3G) 3% HSPA (3G)
Popular Chatr Mobile Plan(s)
Specification: Chatr Mobile – Talk, text & Data Plans – 8 GB
Specification: Chatr Mobile – Talk, text & Data Plans – 4 GB
Roaming Fees Charged by Chatr Mobile
Within Canada, Chatr Mobile charges you roaming fees according to the zone-based plan you have. You’ll pay:
- $0.25 per minute for voice calls
- $0.05 per megabyte of internet usage
- $0.25 per outgoing text message
- $0.50 per outgoing MMS message
You also have the option of getting country-wide plans if you frequently make calls across Canada. Although the company does not offer any international roaming packages, you’ll pay-per-usage charges in the areas that have services supporting your phone.
Making International Calls with Chatr Mobile
Chatr Mobile offers the $45 per month limitless calls plan if you are a frequent caller to the US. Choose the International Talk Saver Rate if you frequently make calls to destinations all over the world every month.
- You can avail of the service without entering into a contract.
- You won’t need to go through credit checks to get the service.
- Most plans allow you limitless messaging and calling facilities anywhere in the country.
- You can continue to use internet services at regular pricing as long as you remain in your chosen zone even if you have exhausted your plan limit. You won’t have to worry about additional costs or the internet coverage getting cut off. However, if you don’t have a zoning data plan, you’ll accrue additional charges.
- The fixed limitless calling in specific zones makes identifying zones and getting coverage outside of the zones confusing.
- The company does not offer to finance for buying devices.
- No roaming packages offered.
- Internet services are limited to 3G. 4G services are not offered.