The Last year has had us all pinching pennies, so it might be a relief to learn about special offers that are available right now for Canadians that are considering opening a new chequing account. Many Canadian banks have special offers for those who open a new chequing account, and the savings could be worth hundreds of dollars. Sometimes, special bank promotions even offer cold hard cash.
Do not miss out on the opportunities that are available when you open a new chequing account in Canada. Instead, read further to educate yourself on the best Canadian bank promotions and learn about all the money you may be able to save in 2021.
HSBC Canada Chequing Account Offer
If you are a newcomer to Canada looking to be a part of a global banking and financial service market, then you should investigate a new account at HSBC Canada. This bank is one of the world’s largest banking organizations, and they service over 40 million customers globally. Make transactions from Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and America with HSBC Canada.
If you are new to Canada and have developed residency within the last 5 years, you may be eligible for a welcome package worth $1,000. An eligible new resident may open a chequing account and make a deposit after signing up for online banking for a $500 welcome bonus.
An additional $50 will be added to your account after each of the following transactions: you open a new HSBC Investment Funds account, you make two consecutive bill payments through online banking, you send two foreign exchange global wire transfers within the course of six months, you make two separate reoccurring pre-authorized transactions within the course of three months.
Save $300 more by setting up payroll in the first 6 months of opening the account, signing up for a safety deposit box, and apply for a credit card within 3 months. This grand package wraps with $1000 saved.
$1000 Newcomers Package Deal from HSBC
A Canadian newcomer will only be eligible for this Premiere Welcome Offer if:
- A client is a permanent resident of Canada, or the client has an active work permit.
- A client must open a Premier Chequing Account in the provided offer period and deposit a minimum of CAD 25,000 in Total Relationship Balance with HSBC within 30 calendar days.
- A client must retain an account for a period of 3 calendar months and be a new HSBC customer.
- A client registers for an HSBC Online Banking Account within 30 days of opening the new account.
RBC, Royal Bank of Canada Chequing Account Offer
RBC is a well-trusted bank that has more than 150 years of experience and a massive global spread that serves 17 million clients today in 36 countries. RBC is one of Canada’s biggest banks, and with 86,000+ employees, you will be sure to find a location that suits your needs and is full of qualified bank professionals that will help you finance your expenses smarter.
We are not waiting to show you the absolute best offers for those who are interested in setting up a chequing account, because at the Royal Bank in Canada, newcomers are eligible for a special offer package of up to $650. This incredible savings bundle may be comprised of $100 in cash, no-monthly-fee banking for a year, up to 6,000 RBC reward points in an RBC Rewards + Visa card, 2 free international money transfers each month for a year, a free small safe deposit, and a free iPad! This bundle is comprised of separate parts, and some offers may expire as early as February 1, 2021, and require paperwork. Do some more research to find out what benefits you may be able to qualify for.
Switch to RBC and Get the Latest 10.2” iPad in Your Choice of Colour at No Cost
“Eligible Personal Client” for Newcomer Offers are only eligible if:
- The client is a Newcomer to Canada, has arrived within the last 12 months of opening the account, and/or if a newcomer arrived in Canada within the last 5 years and opened an Eligible Banking Account when switching from another institution.
- The client is a resident of Canada and is of the majority age in the province where they legally preside as documented when the Eligible Personal Banking Account is opened. The residence must be determined by the jurisdiction where a client has their primary tax filing obligation and can be based on their habitual place of residence.
- The client does not have a previous Personal Banking Account with RBC.
- The client must be a resident of Canada by March 15, 2021, and no previous Personal Banking Account with RBC existing within the last five years to be eligible for the iPad promotion.
Scotiabank Chequing Account Offer
Scotiabank has its headquarters in Canada, and with its dedication to high-quality growth markets in the Americas, this bank will be able to help meet your financial goals. This bank embodies a customer-first attitude, has a dedicated team for high-performance clients and has a big lead in the Americas.
There are two basic packages to consider. The preferred package that will have features to suit your everyday needs, and the ultimate package that gives you up to $650 in benefits and savings. Both comprehensive packages come with a $300 offer that ends January 28th, 2021, so act fast. While the preferred package offers basic perks such as an additional 0.05% earned on your MomentumPLUS Savings Account, unlimited debit transactions and Interac E-Transfer transactions, and a first-year annual fee waiver, the Ultimate Package gives you the most savings and benefits possible. The Ultimate package includes perks such as an ultimate Interest Rate boost, unlimited Scotia International Money Transfers, and unlimited free Global non-Scotiabank ABM withdrawal, so you will be sure to get the most out of this package deal.
$300 Scotiabank and Special Offer Bundle Eligibility
A new Scotiabank client will only be eligible if:
- Client opened a new Ultimate Package or Preferred Package by January 29, 2021. Client may not have a previous account with Scotiabank for this special offer.
- Client has completed any two of the three actions below withing 60 days of opening his/her account:
- Client has made an eligible $50 bill payment while using online or mobile banking services provided by Scotiabank.
- Client has established 2 eligible recurring transactions that are $50 and have been approved. These pre-authorized transactions must clear for a minimum of 3 consecutive months for this offer. Pre-authorized debit transactions may include car payments, utility, or mortgage bills.
- Client has established an eligible recurring direct deposit that will successfully recur for a minimum of 3 consecutive months. These deposits must be filed accurately, and the payments will have to clear for 3 months to approve the financial assistance.
BMO, Bank of Montreal Chequing Account Offer
The BMO Financial Group has been moulded by one purpose: to Boldy Grow the Good, whether that be in the business of others or in their lifestyle. This bank serves more than 12 million customers, so you can be sure that they are capable of high-profile commercial banking, wealth management protections and services, and high-stakes investment opportunities.
If you invest in the 2021 DST Family Bundle Chequing Account Opening Offer, you will be able to receive up to $350 in cash as a bonus. Their performance and premium plans offer benefits that you do not want to ignore such as safety, easy credit score access, and unlimited transactions for all BMO services. This incredible package is best for families, and you will be protected by a powerful banking service with minimal monthly fees. This deal is sweet, but it will not last, so make sure to open your online account between January 5, 2021 and March 1, 2021 and complete the eligibility requirements below to earn the cash bonus you deserve.
Limited time offer!
BMO DST Family Bundle Special Offer Eligibility
A potential client may only receive the special offer if:
- Client has opened a new Canadian Dollar Primary Chequing Account with the Plus Plan ($100 offer), Performance plan ($300 offer), or the Premium Plan ($300 offer).
- Client has made deposit of any amount to the Lead Chequing Account by March 1, 2021.
- Client has successfully completed at least two of the following requirements:
- Set up a recurring direct deposit form your employer, the government, or your pension and it successfully deposited these payments into the Lead Chequing Account by April 30, 2021. The deposits must have been deposited for at least 2 months before receiving benefits.
- Make one bill payment through the BMO Online Banking or Mobile App of a minimum of $50 for a consecutive two months through the client’s Lead Chequing Account.
- Established a pre-authorized debit transaction of at least $50 that clears by April 30, 2021 and is deposited into your Lead Chequing Account. A client may also establish a pre-authorized payment to a BMO mortgage, line of credit, loan, or contribute to a BMO investment account from your Lead Chequing Account, and have a minimum of two consecutive monthly payments debited from it.
CIBC Chequing Account Offer
This bank is a leading North American financial institution concentrated in Canada. With over 10 million clients, you can be sure that you are working with a bank that has secure base investments and plans that will suit the average Canadian. Their strategy focuses on accelerated earnings, a modern relationship with banking services, and a high-performance purpose-driven culture.
CBIC is determined to give a well-rounded banking system that keeps up with modern day trending companies such as Amazon. In a limited special offer, you may be able to receive a $100 Amazon.ca Gift Card when you register for a CIBC SmartTM Account as your first chequing account with CIBC. This account will be able to provide unlimited transactions and includes a free Interac e-Transfer service. With a CIBC Smart TM Account, you will be able to control important alert settings, pay for a variety of purchases online, gain access to rewards and discounts, and switch from another provider with ease. Do not miss out on this incredible opportunity.
A potential CIBC client will only be able to receive a $100 Amazon.ca gift card if:
- The client opens a Smart Account online and there are no other CIBC Chequing Accounts on their record. Must sign up online with legitimate email address.
- Establishes and maintains 2 of the following transaction types within the first two months:
- 1 recurring direct deposit, which is a transfer of funds deposited electronically into the client’s bank account at regular intervals. This may include payroll from the client’s employer, or regular government or private pension payments.
- 2 recurring pre-authorized debits, which are instructions that help CBIC pay your mortgage, loan, credit card, or other expense that your provider demands and directly withdrawals the payment from the client’s bank account. This may include hydro bills and car payments.
- 2 online bill payments of $50 or more for each transaction
TD Canada Trust Chequing Account Offer
Our next promotion comes from TD, a company that cares about the things that matter to you. TD has some of the best working hours, as they are open on the weekends and have longer working hours than most of their competition. With over 1,200 locations from
Cornwall to Sarnia, and a mobile banking application that will help you maintain your account, you will be able to adjust your financial strategy any time, any place.
While this offer is no longer accessible to most new account members, any TD member that has opened a TD Unlimited Chequing Account or a TD All-Inclusive Banking Plan between July 6, 2020 and December 6, 2020 may still be eligible for a $300 boost deposit in your account. if you are an eligible account owner and follow the correct procedures, you will be able to save with unlimited transactions and free Interac e-Transfer transactions. Remember, this is only an offer for Canadian residents that already have a TD account, so make sure that you have taken advantage of this promotional.
$300 TD Promotion Eligibility
A TD client will only be eligible for this plan if:
- The client has successfully opened a TD All-Inclusive Banking Plan or a TD Unlimited Chequing Account between July 6, 2020 and December 6, 2020
- The client has made an Online Bill Payment through EasyWeb or the TD app with a minimum of $50 before February 1, 2021.
- Client has set up a Recurring Pre-Authorized Debit with a minimum payment of $50 and has a postage stamp posted to the New Account before February 1, 2021. This plan must occur weekly, biweekly, or monthly.
- The client has not received any chequing account offer from RD in 2017-2020
- Client does not have a joint account with a TD staff member.
- Client has not had an account that was closed on or after July 6, 2019.
- Client does not have a TD Youth Account in current use or terminated on or after July 6, 2019.