If you travel using this company, you must have adequate knowledge about the Alaska Platinum Plus Mastercard.
A popular misconception about this card is that it can only be used when patronizing an airline. However, you can enjoy the benefits of this card even if you have never flown to Alaska. Bank of America issues this card. It is different from other brands because it provides a companion fare yearly, which permits users to get a ticket for a travelling companion for just $121 ($99 with taxes and fees from $22) once every year.
If you apply for the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature credit card, you might get approved for a credit limit of not more than $5,000. This allows you to get the platinum plus credit card which provides more advantages for users.
This Mastercard is not a regular travel rewards credit card. It has unique features that distinguish it from other brands. The sign-up bonus is mouth-watering. You can get 20,000 bonus miles after spending $1,000 on the card within 90 days. This bonus is usually sufficient for a round trip flight between the United States and Canada. You will also receive discounts on annual companion fare when on an Alaska flight. The fantastic sign-up bonus and discounted companion fare make this brand your best travel option. Some other rewards include:
- A new Alaska Airlines Platinum Plus Mastercard credit card can take you to different destinations. You will get many benefits and start making more mileage plan miles if approved.
- You can travel 3 miles for a dollar when using Alaska airline purchases
- You can travel 1 mile for a dollar on other brands.
- No foreign transaction fees
Benefits of card
Alaska airlines platinum plus Mastercard offers these benefits:
- Free checked bags: your bags are checked for free when using Alaska airlines flights. They also check over six other passengers using their credit cards. In most cases, other airline credit cards offer free checked bags for users, and this company is not an exception. You can check one bag for free and over six legible people with this brand. This benefit applies to flights run by Alaska Airlines, Horizon Air, SkyWest or Pen Air. You don’t have to buy your ticket with an Alaska airline visa signature credit card. You will be legible if you are a principal cardholder and your mileage plan is in your reservation.
- In-flight savings: you can save up to 20% back if you buy anything, such as food, drinks, beverages and Wi-Fi, on planes owned and run by Alaska Airlines. Users are offered a 20% rebate on all goods bought on a flight in the form of a statement credit. This implies that the fruit and cheese platter is over $2 cheaper after the credit gets to your account. Rebates get posted to your account within seven days of the transaction.
- Access to the lounge at a discount: you get a 50% off day passes to use Alaska airlines lounges. You usually have to pay $50 to have a day pass on the lounge. However, you can get it with this company for $25. The mini-splurge is your best option if you feel stressed due to a noisy airport. Users flying first-class or those who pay for membership have access to the Alaska lounge, free drinks, food and Wi-Fi.
- Great Mileage plan status: This brand has three tiers of elite status membership for users. They include; MVP, MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75K). The tiers depend on a calculated number of miles travelled per year, and MVP status begins at 20,000 miles. Some of these benefits are complimentary upgrades, priority check-in and boarding, and waived ticket change fees. If you are a regular flyer and travel over 1,000,000 miles in Alaska, you will be given MVP Gold status.
- Low annual fee: in most cases, other airline credit cards in recent times charge yearly payments of $95 per year. However, the Alaska Airlines visa signature credit card is less expensive at just $75 per year. If you use your card’s companion fare frequently, this company is your best option.
Details and legibility
The Alaska airlines platinum plus Mastercard is available for everyone, but you must:
- be a Canadian or live in Canada
- have reached the age of majority in your community or country.
You can get 1 mile for every $1 spent on other purchases. You can also earn and redeem Alaska Mileage plan miles on global airline partners of Alaska airlines to over 900 destinations. The rewards offered by this company have restricted flexibility, and they require good credit. The card type is Airline. You should avoid the Alaska Airlines visa signature credit card if the flight does not cover your travel places.
Priority airport services
Airport lounge access
Balance protection (optional)
Purchase security &extended protection insurance
Travel medical insurance
Travel accident insurance
Vehicle rental insurance
Flight delay insurance, baggage insurance
Credit Card FAQ