The bank offers so many credit cards. RBC strives to help you find the one that will work best for you by categorizing them in order to offer an unbiased opinion.
When choosing between various credit card offers, it can be difficult to know which one is right for you. We’re here to help by picking RBC’s top cards in different categories and identifying their strengths and weaknesses.
Top RBC Cards in Canada
The RBC Business Cash Back MasterCard is a simple, convenient, and secure mode of payment. This Business Cash Back MasterCard is flexible and has a high purchasing power. Individuals who use this card get cashback on their purchases to reinvest in their businesses. It is the best card for business owners who do not want a card with an annual fee.
RBC Business Cash Back MasterCard Rewards
Card rewards enable business owners to earn a percentage of cashback, airline miles, or points when purchasing. These rewards help individuals to reduce or down pay their credit card balance. Purchases made for the first three months after receiving the card will attract a 2% cashback. However, there is also a 1% cashback on purchases made after three months.
There is little to no need to keep track of the rewards because they accumulate automatically. These reward cards are unlimited and easily accessible, and available to everyone. For individuals with good spending habits, picking the right card rewards will give a good amount of profits. Business owners can use these cards to pay several bills.
Business owners can redeem the RBC Business Cash Back MasterCard rewards by making purchases anywhere that accepts MasterCard for payment. Also, business owners should register the cards online to enable them make online purchases. However, individuals cannot redeem the card rewards at an ATM for cash.
Benefits for Card
There are several uses and benefits of using RBC Business Cash Back MasterCard. These cards are suitable for business owners who prefer cash rewards over rewards points. Some of these benefits are listed below:
- Global Convenience and Acceptance: The RBC Business Cash Back MasterCard is an easy and convenient card to use. It has worldwide acceptance, and payment at the checkout only requires a tap of the card. This feature makes the card easily accessible for online purchases.
- Purchase Protection: This card is flexible and has high purchasing power. There is a general mobile proficiency that further helps provide convenience for its users. The card has an extended coverage which helps to protect card purchases against damage, loss, or theft. This extended warranty lasts up to 90 days and doubles the original warranty for an extra year.
- Enhanced Security: The business card operates with advanced technology, which helps against theft. PIN security, zero liability, and a built-in chip to protect the user against fraud. It has strong security, which helps keep the users’ minds at ease.
- Cash Back: RBC business card has an unlimited amount of rewards. The card allows users to earn some cash back on pre-authorized payments and purchases. Individuals can also link the card to Rexall Petro Canada to earn more rewards. Business owners can redeem their rewards at their own convenient times.
- Credit Card Lock: One of the benefits of using the RBC credit card is the credit card lock feature. This enables the users to lock their business MasterCard temporarily any time they want. In the case of a misplaced or stolen credit card, log into the mobile app to disable the card.
Details and Eligibility for the RBC Business Cash Back MasterCard
The RBC Business Cash Back MasterCard is a combination of both cash back and travel cards. This card has features that accommodate the various financial habits of different individuals while also securing their cards from frauds. The business card has no annual fee and up to 1% cashback on all legal purchases.
There are no charges for additional cardholders and no yearly fee for its users. The RBC Business Cash Back MasterCard has easy requirements for approval. This business card has a fixed balance transfer APR of 22.99% and a fixed purchase APR of 19.99%.
Anyone 18 years of age and above can open a credit card in their name. In most cases, you need to show proof that you are earning money independently before you can apply for one. Also, to open the account in your name, you need to provide one of the following government documents:
- Canadian Permanent Resident Card
- Canadian Passport
- Canadian Driver’s License
When purchases are made with the RBC Business Cash Back MasterCard, they are insured against damage for 90 days. This coverage activates automatically for the product or business property from the date of coverage. The business owner is insured for damage in a distinct amount shown on the RBC Business Cashback MasterCard statement.
There is also extended warranty insurance which doubles the Canadian manufacturer’s original warranty for a maximum of one year. However, the extended warranty insurance activates when the original manufacturer’s warranty is no longer feasible. The original manufacturers’ and extended warranty combined must not exceed 5 years.
If the original manufacturer is bankrupt, their warranty becomes invalid. However, the extended warranty insurance will still be able to provide coverage in this situation. The coverage will, however, last for a maximum of one year from the manufacturer’s date of bankruptcy.
Although the insurance coverage covers a lot of purchases, there are some expenses that the insurer will not pay for. Some of these include any expenses incurred relating to:
- Property kept, transported, or acquired illegally
- Bullion, Money, and Evidence of any negotiable item
- All properties intended for personal use
- Animals, Birds, and Living plants
RBC Business Cash Back MasterCard provides an easy and convenient way to assemble your credits. The accumulation of these credits is done automatically; hence no need for the card users to keep track. Also, the card is easily accessible and available for Canadian citizens who are at least 18 years of age. The Business Card also has no yearly charge and comes with a good range of warranty.
RBC Business Cash Back MasterCard FAQ
Here are some of the commonly asked questions about your RBC Business Cash Back MasterCard:
So, what do you get in return for your purchases in terms of points? RBC has kept it simple. For every $1 spent using the card, you’ll get one point. And, while it may not appear to be noteworthy, it is the value of these points that makes the difference.
RBC Rewards are among the most valuable incentives available.
There are a few different ways you can use them for travel. The RBC Avion Air Travel Redemption Schedule is the first. To fly to a specific place, this chart requires a specific number of points.
RBC Rewards points are earned simply by making purchases with your card and can be used to reward yourself, your staff, or to reinvest in your business.
The RBC Avion Visa Business offers the following rewards:
- You’d receive 20,000 welcome points after enrolment
- Shopping with your RBC card gives you bonus points
- You can also redeem rewards by booking a flight on any airline of your choice using the Air Travel Redemption Schedule. You can make this booking at any time. RBC Rewards uses a special online booking tool powered by Orbitz.
- RBC also offers certifications. With over 100 brands to pick from, you may treat yourself or make someone’s day with your points.
- You can use your RBC Rewards to reduce the amount of credit card debt you have by paying down your RBC Rewards credit card balance and keeping more in your wallet.
- Your RBC Rewards points give you access to the most up-to-date merchandise, but that’s just the beginning. You can use your points to contribute to your investments, purchase gift cards, pay bills, and so much more
- You may use your points to pay for internet, TV, utilities, and other bills, which gives you more convenience and flexibility.
Other travel rewards include hotels, cruises, packaged holidays, and tours. Points can be redeemed online for tech products at Best Buy and Apple. Gift cards, exclusive merchandise items or RBC Financial Rewards can also be redeemed as part of the rewards program.
Benefits for Card
Some of the benefits of the RBC Avion Visa Business card are:
Credit Card Lock
You may temporarily lock your RBC credit card with the touch of a button. Simply log in to the RBC Mobile app, select the card you want to lock, and press “Lock Card”.
Get a great deal on car rentals at Hertz
Earn up to 30% off at Hertz for a limited time and double your RBC Rewards points.
It’s fast, secured, and convenient
Pay for small purchases using Visa payWave. Your tap of the card is all that’s needed to make a purchase.
You can effectively manage your card online
RBC Online Banking for business allows you to pay credit card bills and other accounts, check your transaction details and balances, and more.
You’re eligible for a discounted annual fee if you have multiple cards
When you add another Business Avion or Personal Avion card to your account, you will only have to pay $50 annually.
Optional Travel Insurance provides security when you travel.
Details and Eligibility
RBC Avion Visa Business card offers a premium rewards scheme that helps your business to get the flexibility of redeeming for travels, merchandise, and gifts cards. It also offers a means of payment using points. The following minimum criteria must be met before this card is issued.
- The principal applicant must be 18 years of age or older and a Canadian resident;
- The principal applicant must be an owner or sole proprietor of a business and/or an employee of an organization with annual revenues greater than $75,000;
- The principal applicant may not be self-employed in a business that has annual revenues
Other key details about this Card are listed below.
- An annual fee of $120
- An additional card fee of $50
- Has a purchase rate of 99%
- Has an interest Free Grace Period of 17 day
- Cash advance rate of 22.9%
The following are the insurance coverage while using RBC Avion Visa Business card.
- Extensive insurance protection
This includes trip cancellations, interruptions, retail purchases, and rental cars.
- Liability waiver
Protects you and your company from employee fraud and illegal charges.
- Purchase Security
For 90 days from the date of purchase, qualified business purchases charged to your RBC Avion Visa Business card are protected against theft, loss, or damage.
- Extended Warranty
Increases the original manufacturer’s warranty in Canada by up to one year, to a maximum of five years. All qualified business items purchased with your RBC Avion Visa Business card are protected under this valuable coverage.
- Improved Security and Fraud Protection
Your card is safe with RBC’s 24-hour global fraud detection, and Visa’s Zero Liability minimizes your liability for illegal card transactions if you secure your PIN and card. With every purchase, chip and PIN technology add an added layer of security.
Credit card FAQ
Would you like to earn RBC Rewards in a variety of ways without paying a hefty yearly fee? That is exactly what the Signature RBC Rewards Visa will do. Not only does this card allow you to collect RBC Rewards by making purchases, but it also enables you to get insurance coverage and a few other benefits. Continue reading our review to find out if it is a good fit for your wallet.
The RBC Rewards Credit Card allows users to gain a wide range of rewards that they can redeem to gain many other benefits. Some of the rewards this card has to offer include:
1. Collect the Welcome Bonus
Those who apply and get approval for this card by 2 May 2022 have a chance of gaining 7000 welcome points.
2. Get Rewards for Purchases
For every $1 you spend, you will automatically earn 1 point with no tiers, caps, or categories to consider. In addition, cardholders who purchase items from select stores receive a different number of extra points or cashback. For instance:
Collect More of Rexall’s Be Well Points with Your RBC Rewards Credit Card
Cardholders can link their RBC Rewards card with their Be Well Card when purchasing their preferred health and wellness products. In turn, they will earn 50 bonus points for every $1 they spend when buying select products at Rexall. Be Well points accrue quicker, allowing you to save more money in-store on qualified items. For instance, $10 equals 25,000 Be Well points.
3. Comprehensive Insurance Coverage
The card also features impressive coverage for purchase security, car rental, travel, and extended warranty.
4. Low annual fees
Students as well as RBC Signature No Limit Banking Clients pay no annual fees for this card. Furthermore, cardholders can opt to add another card to their account at no extra cost when it comes to annual fees.
5. Major Fuel Savings
Cardholders can save up to 3 cents a litre on gas and get 20% extra Petro-Points by connecting your RBC Rewards card to Petro-Canada.
6. Convert your Points
RBC Rewards cardholders who qualify can exchange their earned points for Hudson’s Bay, AAdvantage Miles, American Airlines, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles, British Airways Avios, or WestJet Dollars Rewards points.
RBC Rewards Visa features an extremely versatile rewards program. Available rewards for your earned RBC points include paying off your account debt, gift cards, travel incentives, brand products, and Exclusive RBC Financial Reward coupons. It is vital to note that cardholders can use the RBC Financial Reward vouchers to buy specific investment products or even pay off their loans. The best part is that you can begin redeeming your earned points from 2,500 points.
Benefits of the Signature RBC Rewards Visa Card
- Minimal annual charges: students and RBC Signature No Limit Banking clients and students pay no fee. Otherwise, the standard annual fee is $39, which is relatively low compared to other cards. Note that there are no extra annual costs for additional cards linked to the account.
- Virtually anyone who is above the age of majority can get the card
- Upon approval, you will receive 7,000 bonus welcome points.
- Get rewards like those from a premium card. Collect 1 point for each $1 spent on eligible purchases, plus some additional points when you use your card to make purchases at certain merchants. Redeem your points for RBC Financial Rewards vouchers, gift cards, goods, and travel rewards. Starting with as little as 2,500 points, you may earn rewards!
- Upon linking your Signature card to your DoorDash account, you qualify for $0 delivery costs for up to three months on unlimited orders. You also get a 3-month DoorPass subscription worth $30
- Save up to $3 on every litre of gas from Petro-Canada when you use your card. Cardholders also gain 20% extra RBC Rewards Points and 20% more Petro-Canada points
- Great insurance coverage.
- Exceptional safety and security features. The card uses PIN and chip technology as well as Zero Liability Protection, which protects cardholders from fraudulent buys
- The card offers a convenient and reliable payment method since you can use your Apple Watch and iPhone to pay with Apple Pay and RBC Mobile app
Cardholders can also opt to take full advantage of their card by subscribing to the optional add-on services to protect your family, your identity, and the balance in your credit card account. Such add-on services include:
- Identity theft and credit protection
- RBC Road Assist
- Add-on Travel Insurance
- Balance Protector Insurance
Details and Eligibility
The RBC Rewards Card strives to be a card that most Canadians can use; urging even students to enrol. You will need a “Good” credit score ranging from 660 to 724 to qualify for this card. However, there are no card application requirements that specify a minimal average wage limit.
When it comes to its fees and rates, the annual cost of the card is $39, which is relatively low compared to other credit cards. Students (terms and conditions apply) and RBC Signature No Limit Banking clients pay no fee. Note that there are no extra annual costs for additional cards linked to the account. On purchases, the rate of interest is 19.99 %, while balance transfers and cash advances have an interest rate of 22.99 %.
This card also features great insurance benefits for cardholders. They include:
- Coverage for car rental theft and damage
- Coverage for travel accidents worth up to $500,000
- Purchase protection for up to 90 days
- Extended warranty insurance for up to 12 months
Signature RBC Rewards Visa FAQs
WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard Cash Rewards
Acquiring a WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard guarantees you several ways of earning cash rewards. One of which is the welcome bonus offer. For this reward system, your total monthly spending determines the amount of bonus you will get. If you spend as much as $2000 in a month, you can acquire a bonus of $570.
As soon as you apply and have your card approved, you will earn a GeniusCash offer of $20
WestJet Dollars Return
For every WestJet purchase made, you will get 2% back in WestJet dollars. For all other purchases, you will get a 1.5% return in WestJet dollars.
Benefits Of Card
Basic RBC Credit Card Benefits
Usually, RBC Credit Cards come with distinct benefits, regardless of the type of card it is. These benefits apply to all RBC card owners. A typical example of this is Petro-Canada, where you get to link your card with your Petro-Points account. This process will help you 3 cents for every litre of fuel you purchase. In addition, you will earn a total of 20% Petro-Points bonus.
Also, if you link your RBC card with Rexall Be Well, you will be eligible to receive 50 points for every $1 you spend on all kinds of purchases.
WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard Special Benefits
Apart from the primary advantages of using an RBC card, using an RBC World Elite Mastercard comes with distinct benefits. Such as granting you membership into the Mastercard Airport Experiences. However, this does not guarantee you free passes.
WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard is the perfect option if you want a card covering your travel insurance extensively. This card is equipped with ten categories of travel insurance, which include
- 90 Days Purchase Protection
- One Year Extended warranty
- Emergency Medical Term For 15 days
- Travel Accident $500,000
- Trip Interruption $5000
- Hotel Burglary $2,500
- Flight Delay $500
- Lost Or Stolen Baggage $500
- Baggage Delay $500
Free Checked Bags
Many people find it hard to part with $30 or more every time they need their bags checked. With a WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard, you would not have to worry about this, as you will be entitled to free bag checks for WestJet flights only.
This benefit doesn’t only apply to the cardholder, as eight additional people could also enjoy this offer if they travel on the same reservation with the cardholder on a WestJet flight.
Savings From Annual Companion Voucher
Owning a WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard makes you eligible for a companion voucher that could help you save money by cutting down certain expenses. A companion voucher can be used for any WestJet flight, and it is only applicable when you book two identical flights. For one of the tickets, you would have to pay the total price, while for the other ticket, you will only have to pay at a discounted rate.
It is essential to note that flight destination and time of the year will determine the amount to pay for the companion voucher. However, the standard rate is $119 if the flight is within Canada or any of the states in the Continental U.S.A. For other countries like Hawaii and the rest of the world, the fee goes up to about $399. Regardless, you will still be saving a lot by using the companion voucher offer.
As a Canadian citizen who has attained the provincial age of majority, you will be eligible for a WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard if you have an estimated score between 660 to 724, a personal income of $80,000 and a household income of $150,000.
You will be required to pay an annual card fee of $119 and an extra card fee of $59.
Insurance And Coverage
WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard has a lot of insurance benefits and wide coverage, but some of the most important ones include:
- Extended Warranty: Owning a WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard guarantees you an extended warranty on items purchased for a year, worth $144. This warranty applies to all items, from small equipment like kitchen appliances to big-ticket items such as a TV.
Not only would this help you save some money from the purchase, but it would also give you the guarantee that for at least a year, your appliances will be used without unnecessary worries.
- Hotel Burglary: This option is an essential part of insurance and coverage that helps to eliminate the risk of being burgled in a foreign town or country and getting stranded. If you encounter the unfortunate experience of having your hotel room burgled, you can rest assured that you have insurance of up to $2500 in place.
- Baggage Protection: Several times, people have had various problems with their baggage, ranging from delays to lost and stolen luggage. This situation is not a pleasant one to be in, and sometimes, it could be unavoidable. However, having a WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard will protect you against having to swim your way out of this kind of situation all by yourself, as you will have insurance that will cover unforeseen circumstances.
FAQs Of RBC WestJet World Elite Mastercard
Upon procuring an RBC Avion Visa Infinite card and spending up to $2000 based on monthly expenditures, you will become eligible to earn as much as 35,000 points, which can be used to fly to any destination within Canada or the US, and you will also get $120 in addition. Both of these earnings, when converted, will be equivalent to a little over $900.
For every dollar you spend using your RBC Avion Visa Infinite card, you get to earn 1 RBC reward point. However, if it is an eligible travel purchase, you will get an additional 25% to make it 1.25 points per dollar spent. Also, you can earn as much as 1.5% cashback on all purchases, regardless of how big or small they are.
Benefits Of Card
Primary RBC Credit Card Benefits
Possessing any RBC credit card grants you automatic access to several privileges but the ones that stand out are the Petro-Canada and Rexall. The former help you save 3 cents for every litre of fuel you purchase using your RBC credit card, provided it is linked together with your Petro-Canada. This process will further earn you a bonus of 20% Petro-Points.
Rexall also works likewise, as you will have to link your RBC card with your Be Well. By doing this, you will be allocated 50 Be Well points per every dollar you spend at Rexall.
RBC Avion Visa Infinite Unique Benefits
All credit cards have advantages that make them appeal to users, and these advantages are not one-size-fits-all, as these benefits vary from one card to the other. For RBC Avion Visa Infinite, its perks include its generous welcome bonus that goes as high as 30,000 points, which could be converted into $820 when claimed at the Travelling Redemption Chart.
Another unique advantage that RBC Avion Visa Infinite has is that you are provided with various transfer options. Unlike most credit cards, you can choose to transfer your bonus points to any of the four different airlines available, which are
- British Airways (1 RBC Reward – 1 British Avios)
- Cathay Pacific (1 RBC – 1 Asian Mile)
- American Airlines (10 RBC – 7 AAdvantage Miles)
- WestJet (100 RBC – 1 WestJet Dollar)
However, if you do not wish to redeem your RBC points for travel purposes, there are some other likeable options that you can choose. Such as gift cards, statement credits, RBC financial products, charity, merchandise, or transferring it from RBC Rewards to Hudson’s Bay Rewards.
Also, if you add your RBC Avion Visa Infinite card to your DoorDash account, you will become eligible to get a free DashPass subscription for 12 months, an equivalent of $120 in cash. For those 12 months, you will be entitled to free deliveries on all orders from DoorDash. Subsequently, you will enjoy unlimited free deliveries for orders costing $12 or more.
To be eligible for an RBC Avion Visa Infinite card, you have to be a Canadian resident above the provincial age of majority. You must be able to provide all necessary details to prove that your income is up to the amount required. That is a personal annual income of $60,000 and a household income of $100,000. You are also required to have a credit score between 660 and 724.
Apart from these significant prerequisites, you are expected to pay an annual card fee of $120 and an additional card fee of $50. The interest rates are stipulated at 19.99%, 22.99% and 22.99% for Purchase, Cash Advance, and Balance Transfer.
Insurance And Coverage
- Flight Delay $500
- Baggage Delay $500
- Lost Or Stolen Baggage $500
- Trip Cancellation $1500
- Mobile Device $1500
- Hotel Burglary $2500
- Trip Interruption $5000
- Travel Accident $500,000
- Emergency Medical Term (Over 65) 15 days (3 days)
- 90 Days Purchase Protection
- 1 Year Extended Warranty