Last Updated on August 30, 2021 by Borche Stefanov
The HSBC +Rewards MasterCard provides not only rewards and benefits to cardholders but also delivers special offers in regards to annual fees. The annual interest rate on purchases for this particular card is 11.9%. The annual fee for primary cardholders is $25, and the first year’s fee will be deducted. The bank allows you to have up to four authorized users on your account at only $10 per account. You will also have an Interest-free Grace Period, which means that you will have an opportunity to have 21 days if you pay your balance by the due date. however, you should keep in mind that the bank can change the interest fees from time to time, which is why it is important to read the cardholder agreement.
When using your +Rewards MasterCard your transactions will be secure due to the Chip and PIN technology. It reduces the chance of someone else using your MasterCard from HSBC.
The +Rewards MasterCard from HSBC bank offers so many benefits and services when you apply for it.
Specification: HSBC +Rewards™ Mastercard®
For you to be easier to have the entire picture of the HSBC +Rewards MasterCard’s details, read the list of all important fees below:
- Interest Rate – 11.9%
- Interest Rate Promo – up to 5% of the balance from the transfer amount
- Balance Transfer Rate – 11.9%
- Balance Transfer Rate Promo – 5%
- Cash Advance Rate – From ATMs in CA $2, outside CA $4, over the counter at a master card financial institution, in CA $3, outside CA $5
- Cash Advance Rate Promo – 11.9% per Quasi-Cash transactions, balance transfers, and cheques
- Annual Fee – $25
- Card Best Suited For – Canadian residents
- Reward Type – HSBC PLUS Rewards program. By joining the program, you will earn 2 points for each dollar spent on eligible dining or entertainment shopping.
- Signup/Welcome Bonus Offers – You will get 30,000 Points and a full annual fee discount for the Primary Cardholder for the first year if applied by March 29, 2021.
Card Best Suited For
The card can be a great choice for Canadian citizens as it gives excellent bonuses and rewards when signing up for this program. However, there are some different terms for people living in Quebec.
the 30,000 points will be received by Canadian citizens if eligible purchases are made within 180 days after the account is open, with the amount of $2,000. Quebec residents will receive 35,000 points if keeping the new account open for 180 days. Keep in mind that this offer is only applicable to +Rewards MasterCard account holders that have signed up from Jan 18, 2021, to March 29, 2021. The benefits are not available for other HSBC Credit Card accounts.
If you want to sign up for the +Rewards MasterCard, you should be the age of majority in your residence.
- It allows you not to pay the annual fee for the first year. After the first year, you will need to pay a $25 annual bank service fee.
- When signing up by 29 March 2021, you will get points in case of making purchases with an amount of $2,000 or more within 180 days after your account opening.
- Your card is secured for transactions by PIN and Chip, as well as you can make purchases with Apple Pay.
- It offers insurance coverage and price protection services for you to make your purchases safely when using the +Rewards MasterCard from HSBC.
- The card offers the lowest interest rates on purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers.
- The points that are received when signing up are available only till 29 March 2021
- It has a supplementary card fee of $10 per Authorized user on your account
- Interest rates might be changed from time to time.