Last Updated on August 30, 2021 by Borche Stefanov
The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card is one that you’ll have to qualify for. It requires an annual personal income of at least $60,000 or household income of $100,000 to be eligible. If you meet the requirements, you will have a credit limit of at least $5000. The points system is quite simple with this card. You can earn 1.5 points for every $1 spent on eligible gas and grocery purchases, as well as direct through Air Canada® purchases. All other purchases will earn you 1 point for every dollar spent.
While earning points will be a more gradual process than some other cards, the smaller discrepancy between purchase categories is ideal for more diverse spenders, since they will not be penalized for spending more on a lower earning category rather than a high earner.
The interest rates for this TD card are quite standard and are fairly comparable to similar rewards based cards. The standard interest rate on purchases is 19.99%, and the cash advance rate is 22.99%. The annual fee is approaching the higher end of the spectrum at $139 per year, and this is paid in a lump sum instead of being broken down into monthly payments.
Specification: TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card
Welcome offer: Get 35,000 points and the $150 annual fee waived in the first year. That’s a total value of $400!
Details Summary – The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite
- Interest Rate: 19.99%
- Interest Rate Promo: N/A
- Balance Transfer Rate: N/A
- Balance Transfer Rate Promo: N/A
- Cash Advance Rate: 22.99%
- Cash Advance Rate Promo: N/A
- Annual Fee: $139
- Card Best Suited For: Frequent travelers, avid shoppers
- Reward Type: Aeroplan points
- Signup/Welcome Bonus Offers: Maximum of 30,000 points and Buddy Pass
The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite – Card Best Suited For:
This TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card is without a doubt designed with frequent travelers in mind. No matter how you are travelling, this card can save you money and earn you points at the same time. If you frequently drive across the border, the rebates you can receive on a NEXUS card every two years will come in very handy. When flying, you can save money in a couple of different ways. If your flights are booked through Air Canada, you and as many as 8 travel companions get your first bag up to 50 lbs checked for free. Once you get where you’re going, you can save on your car rental with discounts at both Avis Rent A Car and Budget Rent A Car.
Since every purchase will earn points no matter what category it is a part of, this card is also a great fit for big spenders. While you don’t get a lot of points per dollar spent, it does add up eventually, especially with big purchases. If you are an avid shopper and generally spend a lot of money shopping at various locations, using this card instead of your regular card will maximise your reward earnings.
- Will help you save on baggage rates; up to 8 people you travel with get one bag checked for free on Air Canada flights
- NEXUS rebate of $100 every 2 years
- Receive discounts on car rentals through Avis Rent A Car and Budget Rent A Car
- Earn points on every dollar spent
- Incredibly comprehensive travel insurance
- Not a lot of discrepancy in earn rates between different purchase categories
- $75 fee for additional card holders
- Requires annual personal income of $60,000 or annual household income of $100,000 to be eligible
- Annual fee of $139 must be paid as a lump sum
- Seniors (65+) only receive 4 days of travel insurance