Last Updated on August 30, 2021 by Borche Stefanov
The TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite is one of the simpler cards designed for travel rewards. You earn 3 points for every dollar spent on all purchases. Unlike most other rewards cards, this one does not offer a higher earn rate for certain categories of purchases like gas and groceries. Instead, the 3 point per dollar system averages out the overall earning rate. Rather than emphasizing a few types of purchasing and receiving a very low rate on all other purchases, this card offers a more predictable earning rate. Your TD points can be redeemed for booking trips, shopping on Amazon, paying down your card balance, purchasing gift cards, and more.
This TD credit card has an interest rate of 19.99% on regular purchases and a cash advance interest rate of 22.99%. These rates are right on par with the industry standard, so you can be sure you won’t find a better deal elsewhere. The $120 annual fee is also the cheapest you’ll find when comparing cards of this type. This allows the card to be more affordable for a wider range of people, as a bulk payment like this can come as a surprise every year when it’s due.
Specification: TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite* Card
Details Summary The TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite
- Interest Rate: 11.99%
- Interest Rate Promo: N/A
- Balance Transfer Rate: N/A
- Balance Transfer Rate Promo: N/A
- Cash Advance Rate: 22.99%
- Cash Advance Rate Promo: N/A
- Annual Fee: $120
- Card Best Suited For: Frequent travelers
- Reward Type: TD points
- Signup/Welcome Bonus Offers: Maximum of 60,000 points, annual fee waived for first year
The TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite – Card Best Suited For
This credit card is really designed with travelers in mind. If you are someone who frequently heads out of town either domestically or internationally, for business or for pleasure, this card will do some good for you. If you decide to book trips through Expedia, you’ll receive 9 points per dollar spent which equates to 4.5% cash back, one of the best rates in the industry. The points you earn from travelling and all other purchases can be used for future travel expenses, so it greatly pays off to book through Expedia. Points for travelling must be redeemed in 200-point increments, so that is something to keep in mind.
The insurance coverage that comes with this credit card is also one of the most comprehensive packages available, so no matter what happens to you during your trip, you will be protected. As a result of card ownership, you will also receive discounts on car rentals from Avis Rent A Car and Budget Rent A Car. This card also gives you access to hotels and dining experiences worldwide that would otherwise be unavailable to you, so travelling is most certainly the best way to get the most out of this card.
- Competitive interest rates
- Easy-to-obtain welcome bonuses
- Diverse redeem options
- Comprehensive travel insurance coverage
- International discounts on car rentals through Avis Rent A Car and Budget Rent A Car
- $50 fee to add additional cardholders
- Eligibility requirements are $60,000 annual personal income or $100,000 annual household income
- Seniors (65+) only get 4 days of travel insurance
- Absence of higher earn rates for grocery/gas/transit purchases common with comparable cards