Last Updated on August 30, 2021 by offerhub
Coextro, an internet provider that offers budget high-speed internet solely in Ontario, is intent on providing you with low-cost internet. Their brand of services work best in apartments, condos and other small-sized living quarters that need quality service.
Coextro offers some very tantalizing deals, like a best-price guarantee and month-to-month contracts. They will also make you happy with features like $25 credit when you refer a friend and plans that start as low as $20.
Coextro has a lot to attract your attention, a few things to scare you away too. Let’s have a look.
Coextro Pros and Cons
- All-Day Support: Coexto offers tech support for its customers between the hours of 9 AM – 9 PM, giving users plenty of time to call in with requests.
- $25 Friend Referral: If you have a friend that signs up for Coextro, you can gain a $25 credit for the referral. What else are friends for?
- Best-price Guarantee: If you can find a better deal from a different provider, bring it to Coextro and they will match it.
- No Contracts: Unlike other ISPs, Coextro doesn’t require you to sign up for long, annual contracts. You never sign a contract with Coextro and you don’t ever get charged a cancellation fee.
- Ontario-Only: Coextro only offers their services in the Greater Ontario area so you will not get their services outside of the city.
- Rental Costs: You will be charged a rental fee to purchase the hardware needed to run Coextro’s internet
- Certain Apartments Don’t Allow Coextro: The company isn’t available in some apartment buildings that have signed contracts with other providers.
Coextro Internet Plans
If you are moving into a new apartment or condo, you should look into Coextro. The ISP is offering impressive and reliable internet straight from their fiber optic network. Fiber optic internet is almost always much faster than the traditional home internet you are used to and is truly the future of the web.
Coextro is aimed at people living in smaller units, people who need a decent amount of power and data without breaking the bank. Their speeds are not as fast as some competitors but their prices are hard to argue against.
However, it seems that many of the price packages offered are too good to be true because they are often limited-time deals that will not last. In fact, many of Coextro’s prices will go up after a few months. You will get a few months at a low, low cost but then your price will gradually increase. The increase will not be anything too startling but please keep in mind that the amount you spend on Coextro, in the beginning, will not last.
Still, the lowest price you can get with Coextro is initially $20 a month. That is an incredibly low price for the sort of internet they are providing. So even when that price does go up, it will still be a strong, impressive value.
There are some enticing services that Coextro proudly offers like all-day tech support and no contracts. They also promote their unlimited data feature and friends referral deal, where you receive $25 in credit when you get a friend to sign up. That are some nice perks to use the services and make the sting of limited availability and increasing costs a little bit easier to manage.
Some of the shortcomings of Coextro are harder to ignore, like the fact that they may charge you a rental fee for using their equipment. It’s things like that may have you sour on the company and feel like you’ve been misled or lied to. Still, you cannot argue with that initial low, low price.
The speeds offered by Coextro are pretty striking and one of their most attractive features. You can go as low as 15Mbps a month and up to 500 Mbps, with the first plan costing you $20 and the second $50. Remember, those prices are often introductory and will go up over time. But they are quite attractive as a starting point.
If you are looking for low-cost and rather fast internet for your new apartment or condo in Ontario, you should do yourself a favour and look into Coextro. Just be careful because they do not advertise some of their sneaky shortcomings.