Last Updated on June 11, 2021 by offerhub
Fizz is one of the newer home internet providers on the Canadian market. It offers affordable plans and a generous variety of services that allow users to adjust the plan to their needs. As a mobile-only provider, it doesn’t have stores or even phone customer support. All transactions are conducted online, except for possible technician visits.
Check out this budget home internet provider. With a vast array of affordable options to choose from, you can change your plan at any time.
You can learn more about Fizz’s home internet plans below.
- Internet speed: Starts from 10 Mbps, up to 200 Mbps depending on the plan.
- Price: Plan prices start at $37/month for the slowest speed and go up to $75/month. Monthly rebates are possible for long-term users.
- Contract details: Fizz only offers a monthly contract. There are no annual subscriptions or discounts available.
What Internet Plans Does Fizz Offer?
Fizz’s basic internet plan costs $37 and gives you 10/1.5 Mbps (download/upload) internet speed. This plan will suffice for users that do light browsing or need social media and email access, but file downloads might be negatively affected.
- 15/10 Mbps for $42/month
- 30/10 Mbps for $47/month
- 60/10 Mbps for $52/month
- 120/20 Mbps for only $62 a month
- 200/30 Mbps for only $75 per month
The fastest plans may not be available in the entire coverage area, and you’ll need to contact Fizz for service availability. Additionally, Fizz might throttle your upload speed for the two highest plans if the network is overloaded (download speed not affected).
Overall, Fizz’s home internet plans are among the cheapest on the market for the speed you’re getting.
Are There Other Costs?
You can opt for a VIP installation that costs an additional $30. If you decide on a self-service installation, this fee won’t apply, and you’ll only need to pay for the base plan.
Other Features to Know About
Here is a list of the best features for Fizz’s home internet:
- Unlimited data: With no limits on data uploaded or downloaded, you don’t have to worry about hidden fees.
- No modem fees: The modem you receive is included in the monthly payment, and you’ll be renting it for the duration of your subscription.
- Monthly contract: Using a monthly contract rather than an annual one allows you to more easily adjust or cancel plans based on your schedule or needs.
- Wi-Fi adjustment: Fizz home internet comes with a Wi-Fi router/modem and a mobile app for additional control.
- Online access: Fizz has an online service and an app that allows you to access your account information and pay bills online.
- Subscription perks: Loyal customers can receive bonuses over time, including monthly rebates on their home internet plan or additional data for mobile plans.
Something to Watch Out For
Here are some things to consider before purchasing Fizz internet plans:
- Limited availability: Fizz home internet is only available in Ontario and Quebec. They are currently planning to expand outward.
- No bundling available: Fizz offers mobile plans and home internet, but you can’t combine them into a single payment.
- Taxes and instant payment: Plan prices don’t include taxes. You’ll be charged as soon as you sign up for the service, so you might be paying without actually getting internet service yet.
Fizz Customer Service
Fizz customer service is entirely online, and there are no phone numbers to call. They have an extensive list of social media accounts that can provide round-the-clock help, though.
How to Sign Up?
- Search for Fizz’s home internet page.
- Choose a plan you want to use.
- Check for the plan’s availability in your area. The 120 and 200 Mbps plans might not be available everywhere.
- Complete the registration form with your details.
- Wait for confirmation.
- Once you’re approved, set up an account with Fizz’s My Account service and schedule a modem delivery or installation.
How Much Does Fizz Internet Cost?
Internet plans range from $37 to $75 per month, depending on your internet speed.
Can I Bundle Internet With a Phone Plan?
Fizz doesn’t offer plan bundling. However, Fizz home internet prices are some of the most affordable on the market.
Can I Cancel at Any Time?
When you sign up, you’ll be charged immediately and are on a monthly contract. You can cancel at any time, but it’s best to wait near the end of the current month.
Do I Have to Pay a Cancellation Fee?
Cancelling your contract is free. But you’ll need to return the modem to Fizz.
What Is Fizz’s Phone Number?
Fizz doesn’t have a customer support phone number, but they’re available on social media or via email. Use their contact page for more information.