Nowadays, with our global interconnectedness relying mainly on having a good internet connection, it becomes even more important to have a reliable network provider for home or work connectivity. Rogers Communications, a major Canadian telecom company, provides fast and stable network connection in a number of provinces in the country.
Under its Ignite plans, Rogers offers internet speed ranging from 10Mbps to 1Gbps at affordable rates between $49.99 and $69.99, depending on your province. You can also go for its bundle offer, Ignite Internet with Ignite TV, to save up on internet and cable TV costs.
Under the Ignite brand, Rogers offers reliable internet connection at reasonable rates. You can also further customize and manage your plan with the additional features, like remote access via the Ignite WiFi Hub. With the good range of plan options available, you can easily pick the one that’s best suited for your current needs. Whether you go for the basic Internet 10 plan or for the higher plans with unlimited bandwidth, you can expect competitive speed at an affordable rate. You can even obtain a connection as fast as 1Gbps for only $114.99 per month, with the premium Infinite Internet Gigabit plan. For those who want to include cable TV in their subscription, Rogers also offers bundling options that put together Ignite TV and unlimited internet with various speed choices.
- There’s no minimum contract for any of the Rogers Ignite internet plans. All of them are on a month-to-month term, so you don’t have to worry about lock-in periods.
- You can get full coverage through the Rogers Mesh Wi-Fi, which intelligently adapts to your house layout and helps ensure that you’ll be able to connect from anywhere at home. This feature can be added to any of the Ignite Internet plans for an additional monthly fee.
- To avoid paying the installation fee, you can opt for self-installation and follow a step-by-step guide
- You can tap into a convenient system of monitoring and bills payment using the MyRogers account through which you can check on and pay for your Internet usage at your convenience.
- Most Ignite Internet plans and bundles come with the convenient Ignite WiFi Hub that can be accessed using an app or through the website anywhere, anytime. The Ignite WiFi Hub lets you set controls and alerts on your Wi-Fi as well as monitor and manage connections made at any time of the day.
- At the moment, Rogers Ignite is only available in select provinces in Canada. These provinces are Ontario, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland and Labrador.
- As the terms are on a month-to-month basis, prices may change and increase suddenly.
- There’s a modem installation fee of $49.95 if you don’t opt for self-installation.
- A monthly modem rental fee of $10 is required although most plans already include this in the monthly rate.
- Depending on the Rogers Ignite Plan you’re subscribed to, there may be some caps on data usage that would require additional charges to remove.
- Extra features, like wall-to-wall coverage, may entail additional charges.
While the Toronto-based company offers fast and affordable internet services, it’s currently only available in Ontario, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland and Labrador. You can still access its mobile and data plans outside these provinces, but the quality may not be ideal for home use.
However, if you’re residing in any of the abovementioned provinces, you can check out the following Rogers Ignite plans.
Featured Rogers Internet Plans
Rogers has a variety of plans that offer internet services with speeds ranging from 10Mbps, ideal for light or occasional users, to 1Gbps, which is suitable for power users with smart home technology. Rogers Ignite offers fibre-powered internet services for a stronger and more reliable connection that you can personalize to suit your needs.
There is no minimum contract, but you’ll need to pay a $49.95 installation fee if you’re not installing the modem by yourself. There’s also a modem rental fee of $10, but this is now included in the monthly plan charges. All plans include 5 e-mail accounts and, with the exception of the basic Internet 10 plan, the Ignite WiFi Hub, which grants you easy access and control customization of your Wi-Fi settings.
Rogers Internet 10
Starting at $49.99 per month, this basic plan offers up to 10Mbps of download speed, 1Mbps upload speed, and 100GB monthly usage. This plan is good for occasional, basic internet use, and lets you connect up to 2 devices.
Specification: Rogers Internet 10 -Basic
Rogers Ignite Internet 75u
If you’re looking for a plan that’s good for a mid-sized household, you might want to consider the Ignite Internet 75u plan. This plan starts at $84.99 per month, offering up to 75Mbps download speed and 10Mbps upload speed. The bandwidth is unlimited, and you can connect up to 7 devices at once.
Specification: Rogers Ignite 60u
Rogers Ignite Internet 150u
This plan begins at $94.99 per month, offering 150Mbps download speed, 15Mbps upload speed, and unlimited bandwidth. You can connect 11 devices at once, including mobile phones, gaming consoles, laptops, and more.
Specification: Rogers Ignite 150u
Rogers Ignite Internet 500u
For power users and those who use smart home technology, the Ignite Internet 500u offers 500Mbps download speed and 20Mbps upload speed, along with unlimited bandwidth. Starting at $104.99 per month, you can connect up to 16 devices at once.
Specification: Rogers Ignite 500u
Rogers Ignite Internet Gigabit
At 1Gbps, this plan offers the fastest download speed among the Rogers internet plans. Upload speed is capped at 30Mbps, and monthly usage is unlimited. Rates start at $114.99 per month, and the plan lets you connect more than 16 devices at once.
Specification: Rogers Ignite Gigabit Unlimited Internet
Rogers Bundling Offers
For those who want to have cable TV at home as well as fast internet connection, Rogers offers 5 bundling options for its Ignite TV and Ignite Internet plans. This lets you save a bit of money while getting both quality services.
The basic bundle, the Ignite Starter, comes with 36 channels and starts at $134.99 per month if paired with 500Mbps unlimited internet, and at $144.99 per month if packaged with 1Gbps unlimited internet. These are comparable that with the Rogers Ignite internet plans, Ignite Internet 500u at $104.99 for 500Mbps download speed and Ignite Internet Gigabit at $114.99 for 1Gbps.
The other TV and internet bundle offers are the Ignite Flex 5, Ignite Flex 10, Ignite Popular, and Ignite Premier, which have more channel options. These bundles also let you choose which Ignite Internet plan you want, so you can enjoy more flexibility in tailoring the bundle to your needs.
Rogers is an established telecommunications company based in Toronto. It delivers top-quality services to Canadians and connect them with each other and with the world. This can be seen in their Ignite plans, which seek to provide fast and reliable internet connection but at accessible rates. They offer a wide range of choices, including bundle offers, to give consumers more flexibility in tailoring the plan that best suits them. However, at present, Rogers provides these services only at select provinces in Canada: Ontario, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland and Labrador. For those who live outside of these provinces, you may have to consider other network providers.