Last Updated on March 31, 2021 by offerhub
If you want to be free of lengthy internet contracts that are hard to change, Virgin Mobile might be the perfect choice for you. They have a great selection of home internet plans for households of all sizes. Virgin Mobile is one of Canada’s top telecom providers, and their deal on home internet is impressive as well.
Virgin Mobile lets you tune in to low-cost internet packages across Ontario and Quebec for only $50/month for up to 25 Mbps and unlimited data for all plans.
Learn more about Virgin Mobile below and what they offer in their home internet plans.
- Internet speed: Starts at 25 Mbps, up to 100 Mbps depending on the plan in use.
- Price: The starting price is $50/month for the slowest speed, going up to $70 for other plans.
- Contract details: Only the month-to-month billing option is available for new users.
What Internet Plans Does Virgin Mobile Offer?
Virgin Mobile currently offers three home internet plans. These plans are very similar and all come with unlimited data and free installation. The only differences are the maximum speeds attainable and, of course, the price.
Specification: Virgin Mobile Unlimited Internet Plan – 100 Mbps
The starting plan costs $50/month for up to 25/10 Mbps speed (download/upload). There are no additional fees for installation or modem usage. This plan is suitable for users who only need access to social media, email, and browsing. However, downloading larger files (movies, games) might take a while.
Virgin’s intermediate plan costs $60/month for up to 50/10 Mbps. Again, there are no additional fees. This is a much better option considering there is only a slight price increase for doubling the download speed. Unfortunately, the upload speed doesn’t change, and you’ll need a different provider if you wish to stream content or upload large files consistently.
The most expensive plan costs $70/month for up to 100/10 Mbps. This option is best for larger households or users that watch streaming HD videos, movies, or games.
Are There Other Costs?
There are no other costs besides the monthly payment. The installation comes free of charge, and modem rental is included in the subscription fee. You’ll also get an assisted installation option, so the technician doesn’t need to enter your home unless absolutely necessary.
Other Features to Know About
Here are the most notable features of Virgin Mobile’s home internet:
- Unlimited data: Since there are no limits on how much data you can use in a month, you don’t have to worry about overdraft fees or speed limits.
- No modem or installation fees: There are no hidden installation or rental fees. All you have to pay for is the agreed-upon plan.
- Monthly contract: The month-to-month contract option allows you better flexibility in picking the plan most suitable for your needs. You can cancel the contract at any time or upgrade to a different plan at no additional cost or incurring penalties.
- Online My Account access: You can use Virgin Mobile’s app or online account service to get a quick overview of your internet use and to pay bills directly.
- Member perks: Long-standing members can get additional promotions or discounts on internet plans or related services.
Something to Watch Out
While the internet plans seem great, here are some negatives you should consider:
- Limited availability: Virgin Mobile’s home internet is only available in Ontario and Quebec. Since Bell Canada operates in those provinces, there don’t seem to be plans to expand these services to other provinces.
- No bundling available: The home internet can’t be packaged with other services (such as TV or mobile subscriptions). Other providers might offer cheaper alternatives if you combine a few different plans into one payment.
- Limited upload speed: Your upload speed doesn’t change between plans. If you tend to upload large files, you might need additional upload speed that Virgin Mobile can’t offer.
- Is an MVNO: Since Virgin Mobile doesn’t own its infrastructure, some issues and service downtimes may be beyond their control.
Virgin Mobile Customer Service
We’ve heard generally decent things about their customer representatives. Do note that since they share infrastructure with their parent company, technicians and other service staff might come from Bell Canada, which might pose scheduling issues.
How to Sign Up?
- Search for Virgin Mobile’s home internet page.
- Select the plan you wish to use.
- Check for the plan’s availability in your area.
- Complete the registration form with your details.
- Wait for Virgin Mobile’s sales representative to contact you with a confirmation.
- Once your plan is confirmed, schedule an installation appointment.
- (Optional) Set up an account with Virgin My Account and download the app to track your bills and use.
How Much Does Virgin Mobile Internet Cost?
Internet plans range from $50 to $70 per month, depending on your internet speed.
Can I Bundle Internet With Phone or TV?
Unfortunately, no. Virgin Mobile’s services come in separate packages. Promotional offers may include discounts on other services. If you want a bundled pack, you’ll need to contact a different provider.
Can I Cancel at Any Time?
Virgin Mobile uses a monthly contract, and you can cancel your subscription at any time.
Do I Have to Pay a Cancellation Fee?
Cancelling your contract is free, but you have to return the modem when you cancel your subscription.
What Is Virgin Mobile’s Phone Number?
You can contact their customer support at 1-888-285-1842 or make an internet call at 1-888-889-9219.